Fall In Tennessee

Fall In Tennessee

Monday, April 27, 2015

A "Special Day"

I mostly visit my grand parents on the weekend but sometimes my mommy get's my Poppy to pic me up during the week and I call these my "Special Days."














Usually mommy or Mimi do this during the week but whenever Poppy does it is always treated by him as his "Special Day." We go to Sonic and I get me a small or large Slush in a different flavor each time that we go. One day Poppy took me and I asked them did they have a Coke Cola Slush and they said that they had never made one but they would make me one. This made my day just knowing that I was the first one to ask for a Coke Slush. This is what Poppy say's makes a "Special Day," things that we haven't ever done or things that are special to us. I think of it as thing that warm your heart inside and gives you goosebumps.














Poppy usually will take my picture when we are stopped at a red light and he never turns around he just snaps the picture and he doesn't see that I am making faces at his camera until he later looks at the picture. I just making his day "Special in my own way.














When we get to Pop's the first thing that I want to do is do my homework so Poppy can check it and make sure everything is correct and then the rest of the evening is mine and I don;'t have to worry late about doing my homework.














I'm doing my spelling homework and this week we are doing action verbs. Poppy said he didn't learn action verbs until he was in the third or fourth grade and I'm just in the first grade!














Poppy, I have finished writing out my spelling words and now I need you to give me the words and I will spell them back to you so that you will know that I know how to spell them. I asked her how long she had been working on these words and she said just today, but she spelled them all perfectly.














Now this is my math homework that I have to do and when I finish it you can check to make sure that I got them all correct.














Now I will read you one of my books and the we will be almost done.














She then showed me her marks for the classroom for each day and most were excellent with a couple of goods. I told her that if she got them to all excellent that I would buy her a new game for her Leapfrog. She said We have a deal let's make a pinkie deal that can't be broken. After shaking our little fingers in a handshake the deal was made.














As we were putting her papers and books back into her backpack I found this T-Shirt and I asked her why she hadn't shown it to me and she said it was a bragging T-Shirt and that she didn't want to wear it and brag and draw attention to herself. I told her if I had one I would be glad to be seen wearing it.














And as I always heard: A job worth doing is a job worth doing well and I think she was satisfied with her homework and glad that the rest of the afternoon was hers to enjoy.

No comments: