Fall In Tennessee

Fall In Tennessee

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Changes Around Our House


Well I told you that changes come around your house as we grow older. The trees and shrubs haven't stopped growing either. We planted a Bartlett Pear in our front yard, but it has a lot of roots above ground and it is bad about splitting after a few years. They are beautiful when they bloom and then in the fall when their leaves turn a reddish gold. After it split twice we cut it down and now only have the Crepe Myrtle in the front flower bed by the porch. It has gotten so tall that it offers a great shade to the front of our house and make it so much cooler in the hot Summer.
 As you can see the plants have grown and the azaleas are doing well and blooming.
 A close up shot of the azaleas, they are beautiful in the Spring.
 After a few years I have a little shadow that follows me around every weekend. This is our Grand Daughter, and now I know why they call them "Grands." She is so sweet and such a little helper, whatever I am doing she wants to be right there and help me. It is kinda nice to have an extra set of hands and legs to help you. She is a quick learner and she sure know how to ask a lot of questions, but this is how they learn.
On the weekends when I vacuum the house she always wants to help. She knows how to use the central vac and she doesn't miss a spot. I thought at first i would have to go behind her but she said. "Poppy you have to do it right the first time."
"Poppy," do you know that you can change the brush on the end and use this brush for dusting." This comes from the mouth of a three and one half year old.
"Poppy, when you vacuum do only one room at a time and vacuum in the sames direction." See I already told you she was smart.
One of her favorite things to say to me is. "Poppy, You have to Listen to Learn." Whenever she does something it is evident that she has used her own "motto" because she does it perfectly. How many kids her age do this for fun? She tells me that I help her do things and she helps me do things that I have to do.
She love it on days when she can get out in the yard and play. Here she is playing on her Hippty Hop.
Or breaking up bread to feed the ducks that come in the yard to be fed. Yes she has some "Special Ducks," that she has named over the years. The most special is "Mr. Duck."
She loves it when the baby ducks have eaten her bread and go back out on the lake to swim. As I post these pictures sh gets sentimental thinking of this favorite dress-up dress and her little red "Dorothy Shoes." She looks up at me with tears in her eyes and say's. "Poppy, why do we have to grow up." She listens as I tell her why, and she understands that time doesn't stand still. It just lets me know that we have shared and made some "Happy Memories" together over the years.

Isn't it funny that you can be somewhere and be reminded of a memory made in that spot. Maybe it was yesterday or many years ago, but it still brings a warmth to come over you.

She has always been able to call up the ducks by quacking like them. It doesn't matter if someone is feeding them across the lake they will fly over to her so she can feed them.
Chloe and her dad found a baby turtle out by the lake on the walking path. She brought it home and made it a little home on the deck and named it "Tiny Tim" after a little song she learned in Pre-k.

I had a Little Turtle,
It's name was Tiny Tim.

I put it in the bathtub,
To see if it could swim.

It drank up all the water,
It ate up all the soap.

It had so many bubbles,
In the back of his throat.

Bubble, Bubble,
Bubble, Pop!


Chloe and her dad returning from a run and walk around the lake.
 "Daddy, my legs may be short but I can sure run fast. You will have to run fast to keep up with me."
 Playing on her swing set on the deck. She is gathering up mermaids from the lake.
A picture of our house in the middle from across the lake. And a picture of the ducks landing on the water.

No comments: