Fall In Tennessee

Fall In Tennessee

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Labor Day Weekend

What more fun could you have that to have the opportunity to spend this Holiday Weekend with my Grand Daughter. She is always coming up with something to do and Poppy is glad to assist her. After picking her up from school on Friday she wanted to go to McDonald's. This was not a surprise to me because this is a normal outing for Friday. So Grandmother, me and Chloe set off for McDonald's.

This McDonald's is very kid friendly with the large indoor playground. The kids are able to let out their frustrations that they have had at school, and at times it can be quite noisy.

We have learned that she need to eat as soon as we get there otherwise she is too tired if we wait until later. She wanted a large fries and a large soda, and she likes to fill her own drink. She tries to wiggle out and go play with her friends but grandmother holds firm. Grandmother takes a sip out of her drink to find that she has gotten a Diet Coke. This is a 6 year old who weighs all of 40 lbs. After explaining the hazards of Diet Drinks she gets herself a Sprite. After eating off she runs to find her friends and play.

She has decided to stop playing for a while and get some more fries, but she want to get them herself. I have let her do this several time watching her without her knowing it because it lets her feel more grown up. Today I didn't have any ones and all I had was a larger bill and I didn't want her to not get the correct change back. Finally we came to an agreement that I would stand back but she would order her fries. As always when she approaches the counter they think that she is with one of the adults at the counter until she speaks up. "Hey, I'm a customer too and I have an order," to which she get immediate attention. She gets her change and hands it to me and then she waits in line for her order. If she feels that they are taking to long she will hoist herself onto the edge of the counter to look taller and it's one of those in your face looks. The order is filled promptly.

After we get home she loves to jump on our bed. It like she hasn't gotten rid of all of that energy. I said aren't you tired and she replied. "Poppy, have you ever jumped on a bed before." and she was surprised to hear, as a matter of fact no. When I was growing up I jumped on and off of many things but never the bed.

Later she is singing softly to herself and she is making up the song as she goes along. She is singing about her cats and it will make you smile to hear her soft singing and the subject of her song. I decided to write down the song as she made one up.

After she finished her song I showed her what I had done and I asked her to sign it and date it so we could keep it for her to see when she grows up. She immediately said I want to give it to my Mommy because she loves cats to.
So as you can see I took a picture of the song so that I could keep it for a keepsake and her Mommy could have the original.

So today after our Sunday Meeting she wanted to go into the garage and ride her little red car. It looked like it was going to storm and I said we would have to stay in the garage but yes we could go and she could ride.

She loves to play like she is on a racetrack and she is trying to win the race. I sit on the side of the garage with my broom and hold the handle out where the cars line up for the race. She is the only car in the race, bit she likes to pretend there are others in the race but their cars are invisible, but they are racing just the same. So here we go...

On your mark, get ready, go... man look at that little red car go, it has cleared the first turn and the tires are squealing as it rounds the second turn, she is giving it all she has. She is leaving all of the other cars in the dust. Watch out folks here comes the little red car on it final turn and if the other drivers want to win the better give it all they have. As she flies past the finish line I cheer for the driver in the little red car. This is repeated over and over again until she becomes tired of the game.

She decides that she is tired of driving her little car and she wants to go back inside and find the crayons and we can both color. So she goes and finds the coloring books and I get the crayons and we meet at the kitchen table.

She colors in her book for a while as I color in mine and then she wants to swap book to have a change.

Poppy are you tired of coloring yet!! I think I have colored all that I want to color today. "Is that ok Poppy." If only she knew, but it is better than taking a nap and I get to spend time with her too.

Poppy, do you know where my Barbie dolls are? I can't find them in my room. Well have you looked in your closet in the stroller where you put them last weekend. Oh I will go and check that out and see if that is where they are. As I hear the squeaking of the wheels of the stroller, I know that she has found her dolls and she is going to ask me to play with her and the dolls.....

Well I guess that we will play Barbies for a little while.

She lays them down for a nap and I said that we could use a paper towel for their blanket. She liked this idea, but it soon became a ghost covering and then a cape to fly off of the table. There is know shortage of the imagination.

Then it was time for a ride in the stroller around the kitchen. I decided that we needed to amp up the fun so I show her how to make a circus high were and a ride that would let them flip upside down and see how long they could stay on.

As you can see from her expression, this was a hit and she was enjoying it to the fullest and she decided that if we went into the sitting room we would have more room and I could prop my feet up in the recliner. A kid after her Poppy's heart, I love this little girl.

She finally get tired of playing dolls and we put them up and she goes into our bedroom to jump on the bed. I see an opportunity for a short nap and I go into full recline until she is ready to do something else.

I wake up to Chloe complaining to her grandmother that she wants to go home. Grandmother tells her that her mom is going to pick her up after work and that she will be here in a few hours. She comes and find me and wants me to take her home where her Mimi is. I let her know that she will have to wait for her mother. She let's me know that she is ready to go home now so she can play with her cats. I am rested so I suggest that we play some kids games on the computer and she is game for it. I let her play Dress Up Games and her Tea Party Game and then she decides she wants to color on the computer. I tell her she can color a picture the I will color a picture and we will do this for a while. We do this for several hours and I hear the phone ring and know that her mother is letting us know that she is on the way to get her. Grandmother has her things together and we try to get her shoes on and she say's I 'm not ready to go home now, "Poppy and I are having way to much fun."

Mom arrives and she gets her shoes on and she comes and gives me a big hug and her kiss and let's me know that she will be back next weekend and we can do this all over again.

I love this little girl.

No comments: