Fall In Tennessee

Fall In Tennessee

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Chloe And "Lovey Bear"

Another week has passed and we have arrived at the weekend again. I sit here wondering what surprises this weekend will bring.

Every weekend we get our grand daughter for Friday, Saturday and Sunday and I wonder if she looks forward to it as much as I do. I never know what she will want to do and play but I am ready, (I think).

She loves it when I pick her up after school and today I am picking her up a little early so she will like that even better.

After checking in with the office they call her classroom to let the teacher know that I am there. I sit in the lobby waiting for her to come from her classroom. As she spots me she breaks into excitement and can't wait to tell me of her day. She is bringing home a "Special Bear" for the weekend and that she has to turn in on Monday a report of all the things that she and the bear did for the weekend.

So here is "Lovey Bear" her "Special Friend" for the weekend. I think this is pretty special that her class is doing this and on each Monday the kids share in each child's weekend and during the week
as the children see the bear sitting in their class it reminds them of the fun that they shared with "Lovey."

Well as you may have already guessed where our weekend would began, yes, McDonald's. How can you turn down such a great place to eat or have a snack and play on an indoor playground with other kids your age.

She wanted to take a picture with Ronald with her and "Lovey," to remember their weekend together.
When I showed her the picture on the camera she said I needed to take on closer up. So....

Sh was pleased with the new photo, because it was much closer and you could see the "happiness on each face."



She said that she was going to take "Lovey" through the tunnels and then down the slide so she could experience what she liked best about the playground and then she could sit on the table and watch while she played.

She showed "Lovey Bear" how much fun you could have when you sat in the Space Bubble and watched the traffic go don the road and watched the people sitting in the playground area.

After playing for over an hour she decided that she was a little hungry and thirsty. She let me know that she was going to go and order it and bring it back to the table. After giving her the money I follow her and watch to make sure everything goes well. After getting her order and getting it back to the table she wants to choose her own drink and fill it herself.

After getting her soda she is ready to stop and rest and enjoy her snack with her "Special Lovey Bear."

 She loves eating her french fries one at a time plain without Ketchup.
And drinking her soda so that she can go back and get her a refill, maybe not to drink now, but to carry with her.

She sits and explains to "Lovey Bear" that this computer works just like the i-Pad that she uses at school and like the computer that she uses at Poppy's and Grandmothers. When we get home I will show you how you can do the same things there.

Chloe found a new friend today and they played and raced and had so much fun together.
 The climbed up through the ladder cage to get to the tunnels so that they could slide down the slides.
And then they wanted to walk around the outside seats to reach "Ronald McDonald."

After playing for several hours, we decided to head for home and to relax before having to pick up Grandmother at work.


When we got home Chloe wanted to color on the computer and play a few games. She said this would help her relax.

So she started off by doing pictures of food and the she wanted to do pictures of Halloween. This program above you just pick the color that you want and touch the area on the picture you want to color and it is pretty easy.
 The she wants to try doing SegPlay where you choose the Artist, then you choose the picture that you want to paint. It is a color by number and she loves to find the numbers to color the painting.
 Here we have her finished painting and I congratulate her on a job well done. She continues to paint and play games for about and hour and then she wants to take "Lovey" to her room to see her other bears. Once there she decides to play dolls and as usual She wants me to join in with the playing as well. I am glad to be able to join in with her as she plays. She plays until Supper time and then she gets her bath and then she wants her back scratched so she can go to bed.

It's Saturday morning and she is up early to get started on her weekend. We play dolls, color at the table with the crayons and she gets out her word cards to start her class (me and Lovey Bear) are her students and she teaches us how to write our letters and to learn our words that she has learned this week at school. She tells me that when she grows up that she is going to be a real teacher not just a pretend one.

Grandmother brought Chloe a package and wants her to open it before she goes to work. She is so excited to find out what her surprise is.
She is very happy to see the surprise that Grandmother has gotten her.
"Grandmother," "This is just what I have been wanting, so I can ride the horses at Pop's house. I believe you just read my mind."
They sure feel good on my feet and I really love the pink flowers on them. "Thank You," very much.

We then take Grandmother to work and then afterwards we head on over to Pop and Great Grandmother's house. We sing as we drive down the road. "Over the river and through the woods, to Pop's house we go. Our truck knows the way, to get us there today, So that I can jump on the trampoline."

When we get there we see Pop and Great Grandmother and Aunt Emily. I show them "Lovey Bear" and tell them what we have been doing. Great Grandmother wants to know if I still love school, and I tell her that I do. Pop is going to take a nap and Emily is busy getting lunch ready.

Chloe helping Great Grandmother by getting her some cold water.
Pop was getting a much needed nap this afternoon.

Poppy and I head outside to jump on the trampoline. I love this trampoline that sits in the shade of the Pecan Trees where you can watch the dogs laying in the shade and hear the calves mooing and watch the horses as they come up to be petted and fed. What is not to love about Pop's house and all the things you can do there.

No comments: