Fall In Tennessee

Fall In Tennessee

Monday, April 19, 2010

Sometime I'm Hard To Please..,

Sometimes I'm hard to please,
I want and want and want.
And yet with all my wants supplied,
My mind is not at ease.

I wonder if were made alike,
And all so hard to please.
Or if the pattern were destroyed,
After the Father patterned me.

I do not want abundant wealth,
Or to be awfully poor.
Just what it is I'm wanting,
That, I'm not quite sure.

I tried the pleasures of this world,
And it's honor I did seek.
I found they disappointed,
And left me lone and weak.

One day two homeless strangers,
Came across our way.
They offered life eternal,
And I'm thankful for that day.

Since I accepted Jesus,
And have been set free from sin.
The reason why I want and want,
I let the world creep in.

I long to be more satisfied,
Not what I am in Him.
But because the lowly Jesus,
Has set me free from sin.

I long to be more grateful,
And not want and want and want.
The things that are not good for me.
But be glad for all he sent.

Written by E.B.Dobbs

No comments: