Fall In Tennessee

Fall In Tennessee

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Those Special Phone Calls

Chloe has always loved to talk on the phone even when she was just starting to crawl. She would play with her toy phones and jabber on it just like she has seen the adults do. We would always laugh when she did this from such a young age.

As she grew older she didn't want to talk on the play phones as much, but she would find our cell phones and act like she was talking on them.

When she didn't know how to unlock them to talk on them she would complain that she couldn't talk on it to someone else. So we would call some of her cousins and let her talk on the phone to them and her mommy and this would satisfy her.

Well now that she is seven she likes to call at night just before she goes to bed and have her "special" little talks with Poppy (me), to which I love to get. She doesn't call every night but on the nights that she does they are so special to me.

Tonight I got a call and I thought that it was Debby calling me and when I answered the phone it showed that Mimi was calling and I knew that Chloe was using her Mimi's phone to call me.

The first thing that she always ask me is what are you doing and where are you at. If I'm at home she wants to know where I'm at so that she can see in her mind as we talk.

"Guess what?," I'm going to be in a play at school, "Great," I say. "What is the name of the play your going to be in." Silence on the line..., "I'm not sure yet, but the teacher will let us know on Friday."  "Do you think that I can do it Poppy?" "Sure," I said, "Whenever we play Barbies you and I we are always play acting and you do that so well." "I guess so Poppy." "Well Poppy we can talk more about this when I find out on Friday." "Ok, Poppy," "Sure"

"Poppy, you don't have to pick me up on Friday from school because Mimi is going to be here and she is going to pick me up."  "Will you miss me on Friday?" "I sure will sweety."

"Poppy, do you know how old Jessica (a cat) is?" No," I said. "She is seven years old today so I am older than she is, what do you think about that?" "Wow, that is amazing." I said. "You know she likes mommy better than she does me and Mimi." "Why is that?," I ask. "Because she was Mommy's first cat and she was around mommy longer." I then ask about her other cats, Max and Belle. We get into a lengthy conversation about these two cats and what they like to get into.

I ask her did she have any homework today and she said, "Poppy you know that I did and that I do it just as soon as I get home so the rest of the night before bed I can play."

"Poppy," "Do you want to know what we did in school today." "Sure," I answered. "We had to write a story about what we did at Thanksgiving and dray a picture to match what we wrote about." I was glad that me and you had already done something like this at Halloween because she said I did really great." "And that I spelled Thanksgiving, Grandmother, turkey, dressing all correctly." "Can you believe that." "Sure," I said, "knowing that you are so smart." Awe Poppy." hehehe....

"I'm going to call you again tomorrow, is that ok." "Sure I love for you to call me anytime." Ok Poppy, I'll call you tomorrow, Bye.

She is a true Gemini, just like me when she is finished she is ready to hang up and start on something else.

I'm sure you can tell by now who has me wrapped around their finger.

No comments: