Fall In Tennessee

Fall In Tennessee

Monday, December 1, 2014

Thanksgiving Break

















Maybe you remember the school "Holiday Breaks," and how you looked forward to the extra days off to spend time just doing what you want to do.

Chloe has looked forward to this break since the first of school. Yes she has had a day off for Labor Day and for President's Day but that is not the same to a young child as are the four days at Thanksgiving and the two weeks at Christmas time.



You get to sleep in late and play all day long. You get to stay up late and just have fun being a kid. Sometimes I think she tries to find out out much she can wrap Poppy around her finger, but that's ok she is only going to be little once.

She loves to get me to play Barbies with her. I can't say that I have ever really learned to play dolls, but she keeps asking me to play so I must be doing something right.


I asked her all the time, "How do you play Barbies?" And she always replies, "Poppy you play Barbies just like you and I play together." You talk about things together and you do thing like you do in real life."

So I line up the Barbies and make a runway with material. I tell Chloe that she is to be the Director and set up everything that we are to do in our Runway Photo Shoot. She chooses what doll will be on the runway and what dress that they will be wearing. I take the doll down the runway and say that Megan(the doll) has hair done by Marci' and a gown designed by Chloe' and shoes by Itali' and jewerly by Kay's.

















I look over at Chloe' and see that she is smiling and giving me a thumbs up. She gives me feed back on how it was and how it can be improved. Hey if this is all I have to do we can play Barbies real well together, All it take is a lot of imagination and a little work and she is have the time of her life.

It like a role reversal:  "Instead of the old teaching the young, The young are teaching the old."

















"Poppy I just love how you play barbies with me. You make it so interesting and I have so much fun. Now that's what I call Icing on my Cake Day.

Behind Chloe you can see her art work on the wall that I can never remove. It is so original and who could ever erase a "I Love You."

















Poppy let's rest awhile and play something else and the we can come back and play some more Barb-bies.

















I think that we will take a little time now to do a little work in Chloe's Journal. She draw picture of what she has done thus far today and made some notes as well and about what she want to do later on in the day. She smiles at doing a job well done.




No comments: