Fall In Tennessee

Fall In Tennessee

Monday, September 1, 2014

Her New School And First Grade

It seemed that she would never get old enough to be in first grade, but to us it comes far to soon. Our little grand daughter is growing up far to quick.

Her mother put her in a new school this year and now she is much closer to home and for us to pick her up.

I couldn't wait until Friday to pick her up and to hear her tell me all about her new school and her new friends. It turned out that I didn't have to wait  until Friday to pick her up. Her mom called and asked could I pick her up on her first day and I was so glad for the opportunity. As a grand parent we are glad for all opportunities.

I thought that I was getting there early so I could be in the front of the line, but others must have had the same idea and the line was quite long.

The line was already almost out in the street when I got there and I really wasn't sure where I would pick her up. After watching for a while I noticed where the front of the line began and where the kids would line up for pick-up. When the bell rang I knew it wouldn't be much longer and she would be coming out. Her school go to the first grade and as they came out and formed groups of each class standing together with their teachers then security started directing the line of cars to move along smoothly to get their kids. Finally it was my turn and her teacher brought her out to our car.
 As soon as she got into the car and had her seat belt the excitement of a first day at school began.

Poppy, "I am so glad that you got to pick me up my first day this is so special." If she only knew how "Special" this day was for me, and I didn't have to wait all week to hear her tell me about her first day.


I told her she looked so precious in her uniform when she let me know that she had several options to choose from every day. This was a change from the jumper all week and pants and tee shirt on Friday and she got to make a choice each day what she wanted to wear.

As she got settled into the car she was all smiles and I knew that she loved her new school and I couldn't wait to hear all about her first day.

As soon as we started leaving school she was so excited as she told me about her first day. She talked about her teacher and the class activities, assembly that was really long, the play ground and recess and her new friends and what all she had learned her first day.

As she talked about her first day, I knew that the new school was the right choice and that she was going to enjoy first grade and her new friends.



No comments: