Fall In Tennessee

Fall In Tennessee

Friday, June 13, 2014

Playing In The Mud And Getting Wet With The Sprinkler

It has taken a long time to get Chloe to play in the mud. She is such a squeaky clean kid that she usually doesn't like to get dirty.

Trying to adjust to the coldness of the water before getting into the trench. Hey,! my hair is getting wet.

I told her that many years ago when I was a kid that we had red mud in the ditches beside the road in front of our house growing up, until the ditched were filled in with concrete culverts and doing away with the ditch.

It doesn't feel as cold anymore did you turn on some warm water too.

Yes it made the homes look better, but what about the children that loved to play in the mud.

Well here in Tennessee we don't have the red mud, thank goodness, we just have good brown dirt but yes it still feels good when it is wet and runs through your toes.

 It starting to feel real good and I see now how much fun you can have.

One day we were at Pop's house and he has plenty of places to get in some mud or barnyard, Chloe said that she would get in the mud if she didn't have to go to far from the house. In other words, she doesn't mind getting a little dirty maybe if she can get cleaned back up just as fast.

Look!! Poppy, I'm standing in the mud and like you said it feels good between your toes.


We were out on the patio and Pop has a drain cut out around the concrete so that when it rains the water will run off. This is where Chloe decided that she would venture off into the mud, but close enough to the hose and the concrete where she could get clean again.

She said, "I had to get out of the mud to get my feet clean again."

Approaching the sprinkler cautiously to just get a little wet and see if she likes it.

Once she got past the coldness of the water on the sunny day she decided that she would try the mud. The more that she walked in it the more that she liked it until she saw an ant on the concrete and then she was ready to get out.

Slowly building up her trust of the sprinkler, not sure enough to walk in the wet grass yet.

I asked her if she wanted to water the flowers that were on the patio and she said sure. The she started watering the flowers. I told her to turn left and get those over there and she laughed and turned right and, yes she gave me a good soaking right across my stomach. When I asked her to turn around again she did and filled my shoes in the process.

Just getting a little braver to get a drink of water.

Then she asked me was I upset! And to her surprise I said it feels better than the hot sun.

Aunt Emily brought out a round sprinkler to attach to the end of the hose and it took a lot of convincing to get Chloe to get wet under the sprinkler.

Do you think I look like a peacock? Why yes I believe you do.

Again, after she got over the initial shock of the cold water, she was playing like a "pig in the mud."

Oh Man, this really does feel great! Now I know what your talking about Poppy. When can we do it again?

No comments: