Fall In Tennessee

Fall In Tennessee

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Happy Birthday, Chloe!

 It doesn't seem that long ago that she had her 1st Birthday

Last spring when Chloe turned six, she asked me how long was it going to be until she turned seven. I told her that she had almost a whole year of waiting. She told me that in school, she learned that a year was 365 days or 12 months. But Poppy just how long is that! I told her that it would be after the 4th of July, Labor Day, Back To School, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. She stopped me and said that is to long to have to wait for a birthday. I hated to burst her little bubble when I told her that I wasn't through. Its past Valentine's Day, St Patrick's Day, April Fools Day, Mother's Day and Memorial Day then it is about two weeks until your birthday.

Daddy (David) and Chloe after riding the go-carts in a race.

She wanted to know if us older guy's looked forward to our birthdays. I said we are glad that we have them because it means were still here but we don't look forward to getting older.

I explained to her that when you are younger you can wait to be older and some days you want to push the years by more than on but when you get in your mid twenties you start to want to hold onto the nines. Like I'm twenty-nine for a few years then I'm thirty nine and so on.

 L. to R. Mimi, Mommy, Chloe, Lilli, Daddy.

Then when you get to be fifty- five plus you start to enjoy your birthday's again as you get closer to the golden years.

 Chloe telling everyone what she just unwrapped.

On Sunday Chloe asked me now how many days until my birthday. I said you only have four more days of waiting. Well how many hours is that? I told her and then I said it will be here before you know it. Then I'll be seven going on eight right! "Yes," I replied.
 
Chloe opening a card, she told everyone that she needed to concentrate while doing this so she didn't tear the card..

Yesterday morning was June 11th Chloe's birthday and she called me and asked me did I know what day it was. I said sure I do it's Wednesday, June 11th. There was silence, then I started singing, Happy Birthday to her over the phone and she laughed and said, "Poppy you remembered it." "Did you get me a present?" I said, "I don't think that you would let me come to you party if I didn't have a present."

Her Princess Birthday Cake


She had her Birthday Party at Incredible Pizza. She went there before with some of her cousins and they had a blast and so this is where she wanted it this year.

 She is so excited to blow out the candle and get her some icing.

As soon as she got there she wanted to ride the rides and she said blow off her frustrations. I told her she didn't know what that meant and she said are you trying to frustrate me to, Poppy! I know one thing and that is she is far smarter than I was at seven.

Ok, I'm ready are your camera's ready!!


Daddy, gets to take her on all of the rides, the ones where she isn't tall enough he has to ride with her but by the big grin on his face I just don't think he minded it at all. I think Daddy turned back into a young boy for just a little while and a little girl soaked up some "special moments," with her daddy.

Mommy, asked her did she make a wish when she blew the candle out and she said her wish had already came true, her family and friends were at her party. And if I tell you the one I just made it won't come true.
 She rode the go-carts many times racing, the bumper cars, laser tag, bowling, miniature black-light golf, big top rides and video games galore.

L. to R. Mike, Papaw Dad (Plaid Shirt), Pop(striped shirt), Marcie and her friends.

Everyone had arrived and they all came to the room so that they could eat and she could open her presents. She was so excited to open the presents that she couldn't hardly eat. We took pictures of the cake and  opening of her presents. As she opened each present she would read each card. Someone asked her a question while she was opening a card and she replied that couldn't they see that she was needing to concentrate while she was opening up the cars so that the card didn't get torn.

( The Grandmothers), Gramaw (Joyce), (Grandmother) Debby, (Mimi) Jan.


She had asked Grandmother to get her some art supplies for her birthday. All afternoon she kept coming up to me and thanking me for her present. I said that present was from grandmother, that she would get mine when she comes over on Friday. Immediately she wanted to know what it was because I didn't bring it with me and I told her it was a surprise and it was for her at our house. "Ok, Poppy but I know that you went to the store and bought all of the things in the present bag." How do you know it was me? Did grandmother tell you that? No, because everything you got me was just what I have been wanting. You got me finger paints, paint brushes, oil paints, stickers, glitter, glue, colored pens, colored pencils, tape, washable magic markers, construction paper, crayons just like I have at your house that I can now use at my house. Poppy do you know that I love you and grandmother. Yes, sweetie I know that you do and we love you as much or more in return.

 Mmmm....this icing is so good, sorry Lilli I didn't get your face.

It was a great "Birthday Party," and one little girl got plenty of presents that she will enjoy form may days and years to come.

 Marcie (Mommy) and Chloe

 "Happy Birthday Chloe, Happy Birthday"

No comments: