Fall In Tennessee

Fall In Tennessee

Friday, November 15, 2013

Our Saturday Together

Last Saturday Chloe spent the weekend with us and she told me that she wanted to go shopping. I think that she has learned that when she goes with Poppy, she get more than when she goes with Grandmother. I figure that she is only going to be little one and she will probably be our only Grandchild.

We went to Big Lots looking for a sale item and she found a discount table with Halloween items on it and after digging through it she found a blond and pink wig.
 

When we got into the truck she had to open the package and put the wig on. I had never done this before and I'm trying to help her when she tells me, "Poppy this is a girl thing." and she proceeded to put her hair into the hair net and cover her head with the wig. When I went to take the picture of her in the wig she closed her eyes and wouldn't look at the camera, I asked her why she didn't smile and have her eyes open, and her reply to that was that she hadn't had time to get herself all prettied up before I took the picture. She is six going on thirteen.
 

She loves her Barbie dolls here at our house as well as all of the ones that she has at her house. They all have names and only she know where she came up with these names, and I find it hard sometimes to keep up with their names. She told me that if I watched the Barbie movies then I would learn their names. Most Barbie dolls look the same to me, but she is constantly changing their outfits and this is when I get the names wrong.
 

While at Big Lots she wanted to buy more Barbie doll clothes, not play clothes but formal dresses. We found a box with five formal dresses and five pair of shoes and five purses. She decided that this is what she wanted to buy for her dolls. You already know that Poppy couldn't turn that request down.
 
When we got home she got out all of her dolls and set about changing their clothes. Poppy you can take these three dolls and put these clothes on them and then we can play dolls. We end up playing dolls, coloring, putting puzzles together and then we start the cycle all over again. We end up having a lot of fun and she can't wait to tell Grandmother all that we have done today.


Later on Saturday she wanted to go to Captain D's to get herself some shrimp and Poppy you can get whatever you want for yourself. I asked her was she paying for it with her allowance. She looked at me and said, "Just get up off  that back pocket a little bit and then you can pay for it," She must have heard that said sometime before. Well we go and she orders her food and I order the same except I get a baked potato instead of mac and cheese.
She ate nine of her twelve shrimp and said that she was full and she was going to get a to go carton to take home her left overs for later. I let her go to the counter and get a to go box while watching her as she went. She comes back to the table and put everything neatly into the box and said Poppy I'm ready to go.
The next morning Chloe' gets up early and gets herself ready for meeting and comes to find me to see that she is ready. She has been picking out her own clothes since she was walking. She knows what goes together and matches everything well. We go to meeting and afterwards on the way home she lets me know that she and the Barbies are going to have a photo shoot in their new dresses.
She combs out Mariposa's hair all around her head and let me know that this shot is for a new curling iron and hair products. When I was six I never knew anything about photo shoots.
Laurel Belle is posing in this shoot about a problem with split ends on her hair and the product that will repair them.
Airaposa is showing how sunblock protects your skin from damage by the sun. It helps you keep a flawless complexion.
Airadessa is graduating from college and wanted to show off her new look, a new hairstyle and makeup.
Nicholette  is showing off her wind blown look and her new gown by Devonn.


We later played school, where she was the teacher and I was her student. Watch and this post will be coming soon.

No comments: