Fall In Tennessee

Fall In Tennessee

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Happy Father's Day













My Dad
 My father-in-law

Sometimes I feel like Father's Day is all year long. I have been fortunate to have been married to the same woman for almost forty-four years. I have been blessed to have a son and a grand daughter and my son has us another grand child on the way. What more could a father want?

My grand daughter asked me the other day, "Poppy, what do you want for Father's Day." I just told her that I have Father's day all year long but I would just love to have time to spend with my family and enjoy them all together.

We live in such busy time and we all have things to do everyday, but it is great when we can take time to enjoy each other all over again.

My dad, was a great father to me and I have always tried to pattern his example when raising my family. Sometimes everything is not perfect like you want it to be but that is life.

In 2004 my dad died and two days later I lost my mother as well. They had been married for over sixty years and I just hope that I can live as long as they did for us kids.

When I married my wife, I gained a father-in-law, who has been the best father-in-law that a son-in-law could ever want. After my dad passed, he was like my substitute dad and I have always felt that I could go to him and he would guide me in the right direction. For this I have always felt blessed by both of these "Special Dads."

I just hope that my example to my son and his children is one that they can follow and they can be thankful for.

No comments: