Fall In Tennessee

Fall In Tennessee

Monday, May 5, 2014

Almost Seven

Chloe has really learned to write this year in Kindergarten. Whenever she find any paper that she can write on she always finds something to write down. Above is a card that she made for her mommy, I just had to take a picture of it because it was so sweet.

I explained to her, the need to write with a pencil instead of a pen, because if you make a mistake with a pencil you can erase it. She came back with, "Poppy that is what you are for if I can't spell the word." They have all of the great answers.

She is admiring her writing of a job that she knows that she has done well. She said her teacher, Mrs. Claire told her, "That a job worth doing, is a job that you do well." "Ok," I answered.

One card finished time enough to do another one for Grandmother. This card will be posted on the refrigerator and I will make it really pretty.

"Poppy, Is grandmother one word or two words." "I remember Mrs. Claire saying that it could be one word or two, but I don't remember when. I know that grand is an adjective and mother is a noun. And I know that it has three syllables, but I'm not sure it it's one word or two." 

I explained to Chloe that if she is using the word grand to describe mother it is an adjective and it is two words. ( grand mother, grand grandmother), but if she is just talking about grandmother it is just one word.

Writing time is just about over for the day, you can tell that she is starting to get a little restless and wanting to take a break and play.
Yes, I was right, just in time for a much needed break. Just in time to go for a bike ride outside.
 




No comments: