Fall In Tennessee

Fall In Tennessee

Friday, April 4, 2014

Another Sunday At Pop's

It is Sunday again and we are in the car waiting on Grandmother to get ready. Chloe has gotten herself ready and we are just sitting in the car waiting. She is not fully awake and has gotten a sucker for a little quick energy.
The candy sucker has worked it's magic and given her a boost of energy. She gets out her tablet and pen and starts to draw and write. She has packed extra clothes and boots for another day of playing after Sunday Meeting with her cousins.
We get to Sunday Meeting at Pop's house and great-grandmother is ready and waiting for everyone to arrive before our service can began. She tells us that next Friday is her birthday and she will be 82.
After the meeting is over, we remove all of the extra chairs and get the table back in place and get ready for lunch. Their are eleven members of our family today eating lunch. We get out the extra leaves and proceed to set the table. Chloe has disappeared, and then we see that the pantry door is open and someone said, "She is probably getting napkins and paper plates out to help set the table. Maybe so, but she has had to sit still for over an hour and she is looking for Pop's hiding place for the bag of candy and I know she will get her a hand full.
Oops, busted, Pops catches Chloe with here hand in the candy bag. He grins, and smiles, he has as much fun hiding the candy as she does trying to find it.
Chloe runs to another room to eat some candy that she found, I hope that is doesn't ruin her appetite for lunch.
Afraid that she has been caught snacking before lunch, she hides between chairs. I let her know that she set quietly during our meeting and that if she eats a good lunch, a snack is ok.
She is told that it will be a little while before lunch is served, and she sees that she has an audience so she decides to put on a show for us. She has learned a new song at school for a program they will have in the Spring so we get a Matinee to "Splish, Splash, I'm Taking A Bath."
I'm just a Splishing....,

I'm just a Splashing.....,
I was a rollin and a strollin...,
I was a movin and a groovin...,
I forgot about the bath, I went out and put my dancing shoes on.

Well folks the show is over and it is now time to set the table for lunch. I guess that we will have to wait to see the program at school to see if we saw the real version or was this Chloe's made up version. Either one, she did a great performance.

Below you will see the lyrics that she has learned for her "Spring Program."

Splish Splash, I Was Takin' A Bath


Splish splash, I was takin' a bath 'long about a Saturday night
A rub dub, just relaxing in the tub, thinkin' everything was all right
Well, I stepped out the tub, put my feet on the floor
I wrapped the towel around me and I opened the door
And then a splish splash, I jumped back in the bath
Well, how was I to know there was a party going on?

Bing bang, I saw the whole gang dancin' on my livin' room rug (yeah)
Flip flop, they were doin' the bop, all the teens had the dancin' bug
There was Lollipop with Peggy Sue
Good golly, Miss Molly was a even there too
A well a splish splash, I forgot about the bath
I went and put my dancing shoes on

I was a splishin' and a splashin', I was rollin' and a strollin'
I was a movin' and a groovin', I was a reelin' with the feelin'

I was a splishin' and a splashin', I was rollin' and a strollin'
I was a movin' and a groovin', I was a reelin' with the feelin'

I was a splishin' and a splashin', I was rollin' and a strollin'

No comments: