Fall In Tennessee

Fall In Tennessee

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Making A Light For The Bedside

I know my abilities and I knew that there wasn't any way that we could make a bedside table out of paper with out having a small box so we came up with the idea of a floor lamp with a design to match her new doll bed.



We took a sheet of 8 X 11 paper and made four folds two inches wide. With it folded we cut triangles out of the folds with scissors, to have cut outs in the fixture so light could come through. One this was finished we unfolded it and made a square out of it and taped the sides so it would stand on the table. Then Chloe colored it to match her new bed made earlier in the morning. She used this for a while while, I was working on another project for her, when I got the idea of coloring a piece of 8 X 11 sheet of paper with a bright yellow highlighter and adding some purple and pink marks over the yellow. I then rolled the paper into a cylinder and dropped it down into the square fixture and it looked just like a light.

No comments: