Fall In Tennessee

Fall In Tennessee

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Learning To Ride Her Bike

Five months ago her great-grandparents and aunts on her grandmother's side got her a new bike for her Birthday.

At her house they live on a hill on a main st and it is not safe for her to ride it there and this bike is bigger than her other bike or her tricycle and she finally grew into it.

Her mother brought it over this weekend and said it could stay at our house because she could ride it in the garage or outside since it is flat and the sidewalks are flat.
We have an over-sized garage and there is plenty of room to ride around the truck without bumping it.
She ducked her head when she saw that I was going to take her picture. It's not from shyness, but her mom will do the same thing to keep from having her picture taken.

Each time that she goes around the truck her confidence grows. She can even stand up and pedal all the way around. On each round the smiles even get bigger.
Now here is a face of a ride well done.
Poppy, "I'm doing a great job riding my bike. Maybe soon I can ride it outside.
Can I ride just a little while longer, I'm not cold and you know that I'm having fun.
Sure, you can ride a little while longer since you are having this much fun, I wouldn't want to end it now.
 As she races around the car to beat the previous count she breaks into a smile knowing that she has broken her previous time.
I believe this face say's it all about how much fun she has had riding her bike.

No comments: