Fall In Tennessee

Fall In Tennessee

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Our Sunday Outing

Chloe spent the night with her dad and after meeting he had to go to work so I took her home with me. Once in the car she insisted that I take her to the Mall and let her ride the Bungy Jump. She said, "my dad had promised to take me to the mall but he hadn't, so it was left up to me to carry it out." She cried and cried because I was driving home instead of going to the Mall. I exclaimed, "the Mall isn't open yet and I need to go home and get some money so we can go." This seemed to settle her down until we got home.

Once at home she started up again about the mall and what her dad had promised. I called her dad and let her talk with him on the phone. She told him that she had rode the Carousel when she was one and when she was two and she had ridden the Bungy Jump when she was two and again when she was four. And that he had promised her that he was going to take her to the mall so she could jump and ride.

While she was talking to her dad, I thought of this little saying about a promise.

A Promise

A Promise is a faithful thing,
Be not in haste to make it.

For once a promise you have made,
Be sure you never break it.

Author Unknown

So when the Mall opened I took Chloe there and she rode on the Bungy Ride.



We stopped to catch our breath as we walked from the parking lot to the Mall's entrance.

We walked over to the Bungy Ride. After paying for the ride, she set in line for a short while and then the assistant weighed her to see what thickness of bungy cord she would need and then proceeded to harness her up.





After receiving instruction on how to hold on to the bungie cords and what she was going to be doing on her jump, she was all ready to go for her four minutes of jumping.



Once airborne, I remembered that I had meant to pull her hair back in a pony tail to keep her hair out of her face but I had forgotten. Now all of the pictures that I take she will have her hair in her face.



And again...



And as quickly as the ride had started it was all over...



With hair all over her face a smile on her lips and a glimmer in her eyes it was well worth the price to share in her excitement and to know that she was happy.

We left the Bungie Ride and decided to take a ride on the Carousel. We paid for one ride but since it was not full they let her ride it for three turns until it started filling up with more riders.



She picked out a horse that looks like Shasta one of Pop's horses that she loves...



After the ride on the Carousel we were ready to head for home...



On the way out we saw some flower beds with some Pansies in them and she wanted to stop and have her picture taken...



Every time I went to take her picture she would cover her face...

When we reached the car she was bubbling over talking about the fun she had on the rides.

Then she said, "Can we stop by McDonald's and play for a little before going home."



As you can see, she has me wrapped around her little finger.

No comments: