Fall In Tennessee

Fall In Tennessee

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Her Own Little Car..,

We recently had a neighbor pass away and their children have been cleaning the house out. They have been putting things out for the recycle and garbage man to pick up.



The other day as I was going to the Grocery Store, I saw beside the garbage can a small red pedal car. I thought that probably one of their grand kids had had that little car to play with on their wonderful circle drive and all of the enjoyment that they would have had.



The more I thought about it, I thought that if it was still there when I went back home I would stop and check it out and if it wasn't to bad I would fix it up for Chloe to play with at our house.



Well when I got back to my surprise the little red car was still there, so I stopped to check it out. It was covered in years of dirt and a headlight cover was missing and the horn cover was torn but over all it was in great condition. I put it in the back of our SUV and brought it home. On closer inspection I found out that it was a treasure indeed.



I kept it in the garage and when Friday came I picked up Chloe at school and I told her I had a surprise for her. When we got home she was so excited she wanted to get in it right away, but I explained that first it needed to go thru the car wash. She wanted to bring it into the house and wash it in our shower so she could play with it sooner. I told her that on Saturday she and I would go to the car wash and give it a good wash and rinse.

When we got home she got a clean rag and dried her little red car off. She was so happy with her little red car. Look Poppy, "It has the key in the ignition and the door opens so you can get in. On closer inspection we discovered that it was made in the 1960's and it was a 1957 Chevrolet Belair. Yes It will need a few decals replaced but it will give her many hours of fun.

No comments: