Fall In Tennessee

Fall In Tennessee

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Our Friends

New friends I cherish and treasure their worth,
But old friends to me are the salt of the earth,
Friends are like garments that everyone wears,
New ones are neededfor dressing affairs;
But when were at leisure, were more apt to choose,
The clothes that we purchased with last season's shoes.
Things we grow used to are things we love best.
The ones we are certain have weathered the test.
And isn't it time, since were talking of friends,
That new ones bring pleasure when everything blends.
But when we want someone who thinks as we do,
We turn to the friends who have stuck through the years,
Who echo our laughter & dry up our tears;
They know every weakness & fault we posess,
But somehow forget them in friendship causes,
The story is old, yet fragrant and sweet;
I've said it before, but just let me repeat;
New friends I cherish & treasure their worth,
But old friends to me are the salt of the earth.

CH

I found this in some old letters from my grandmother. I'm not sure who CH is or if she was the person who wrote this originally.

No comments: